Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tool #7 - Digital Storytelling

This being my first attempt in digital storytelling, I was quite apprehensive and intimidated by the whole process. Thanks to an "expert" I was finally able to begin and complete this project.
Once we got started, I was fascinated and enthused! I can only anticipate that our students will be as eager to capture their own stories on video using this tool. I will encourage students to write a story by adding their own illustrations and/or music. They can also explain a math, science, or social studies concept using this same digital storytelling process.



I chose this story and the music from What a Wonderful World because it's one of my favorite songs. I also use it at the beginning of the school year to build our classroom community. Afterwards, students will continue reading and listening to this heart warming song throughout the school year. It becomes a memorable moment for all of us. I recall one year that the song was used in an Earth Day assembly at Hollibrook and some of my former students who were already in fifth grade turned and looked at me while the song was playing. By the smile on their faces, I could tell they were thinking that they were playing OUR song.

4 comments:

  1. I like your audio book and most of all, the final scene!

    What a wonderful world is Hollibrook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, WOW! Beautiful. Your team looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it! Especially the last picture :) Best page of your digital story!

    ReplyDelete