Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Reflections

First of all, I wish to express my gratitude to the designers of the "technology toolbox" for their time and dedication in creating this educational technology training. As a lifetime learner, it certainly got my "nogging going."

My favorite tools are the digital storytelling or photostory and apps found on the iPod Touch. I'm looking forward to using the iPod Touches that have been issued for our classroom use. Most of our students already have a vast experience manipulating the iPod Touch and searching for information. Together, my students and I will explore these apps to create a student centered learning environment.

In the article Transformed Learning Environments, David Warlick expresses that "technology has advanced and it is becoming increasingly prevalent in our classrooms." I believe that educators need to keep up with technology so that we are up to date with what our students know.

I must admit that I was completely overwhelmed with this online professional development. It reminded of the college courses I had to take many years ago. I've been diligently working on these tools since the beginning of June and it's the end of July and am finally completing this assignment. As mentioned before, I've always had a love of learning and this has definitely stimulated my brain.

1 comment:

  1. You've done a great job! Your students are going to look forward to being in your class every day with these cool tools to work with. What am I saying, your students love being in your class anyway!

    ReplyDelete